Saturday, 25 January 2014

RPG Solo Random Scfy adventure

Random adventure
Random Scfy adventure

Setting is infested destroyer involving above average med-pack and hyperion matrix.

Uncouth scrapper who is as strong as you and whose motivation is to discourage intelligence, drive military, and hinder the church; who speaks of knowing examinations and is focused on your friends.

Insane female shocktrooper.

So we are Olly Lane an uncouth scrapper who is trying to save his friends on-board an infested destroyer called State Nestus, we are suspicious of of both intellectuals and religious zealots, especially the insane religious fanatical shock troopers infesting the State Nestus!

How many friends are we trying to save?

65 = 65[d93]

65 crew are left of whom we care most about?

5 = 5[d65]

Do we have any equipment?

3 = 3[d10]

Holo-projector.

Plasma torch.

Delicacy.

Hmm not much but we shall make do... where are we on board the Nestus?

Temporal flux sensor array.

Engineering, are we alone?

(50/50) Yes.

Do we know where our friends are?

(50/50) Yesand...

Temporal flux necropolis.

They are really close! Makes sense as we are closest to those we work with on board the ship. Have we known them all long?

(50/50) No+Twist: Organization / Helps the hero

How long have we been on board?

3 = 3[d10]

months?

(50/50) Yesand...

only recently moved into Engineering, as I move towards the door I knock over something,

Neurotoxin.

cool, does anyone hear the noise?

(50/50) Yesand...

5 = 5[d5]

All 5 of my friends come running through the door, "Guys..? I was just looking for you..", are they being chased?

(50/50) Yes.

"No time, run and hide!" Is there time to do that?

(50/50) No.

As my friends pile past me a Female trooper appears in the door way.

does she shoot?

(50/50) No.

Slinging her gun she advances with a viscous looking knife in hand... does she come towards me?

(Likely) Yes.

Can I stab her with the Neurotoxin first?

(Unlikely) No.

How about using the plasma torch on her?

(Somewhat Likely) Nobut...

as I step back I bump into something setting off the Holo-projector, does it depict something helpful?

(50/50) Yes.

Eager female Mongreloid officer.

An image of a really huge female officer appears in the side alcove, does the trooper go for her instead of me?

(50/50) No.

Does it distract her enough for me to try again with one of my two items?

(50/50) Noand...

Ignoring everything with a glazed look in her eyes she barrels straight for me, does she hit?

(50/50) Noand...

One of my palls chooses this moment to shoot her in the back using a nail gun!

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Does she turn to face this new threat?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Can I stab her in the back of her neck with the toxin?

(Somewhat Likely) Yesand...

I really get her good with it,

Killed.

she staggers on a few steps before collapsing, "phew" Is there any more near by?

(Somewhat Unlikely) No.

Can I use any of her equipment?

(Likely) Yes.

Cloaking device.

One of a kind laser scalpel.

Blaster carbine.

Serum.

Loading up I equip the blaster and the other items upon my self abandoning the projector and the empty toxin syringe.

Are the rest of the crew losing the fight for control?

(Likely) Yes.

Is there any escape pods on this level?

(50/50) No.

How about one up or down?

(Somewhat Likely) Noand...

Those have either been launched or destroyed in the attack, further more there is no where to escape too in a pod in this part of space! can we help turn the tide on them?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Do my friends have any special skills that may help?

Genetics.

Toxicology.

Tactics.

Climbing.

Swimming.

Interesting bunch at social occasions, not so useful here and now in a dangerous combat scenario!

Are the attackers genetically similar enough to us that any toxin would effect us all equally?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

damn so no pumping a genetic tailored toxin via the air ducts, where can we best help win back control of the ship?

Robot biolab.

There is a Robot biolab on board filled with experimental attack cyborgs currently powered down, if we could reactive them they could turn the tide in this fight!

Can we get there without meeting resistance?

(Very Unlikely) No+Twist: Organization / Helps the hero

As we move out of engineering we come across a beat up patrol of armsmen, how many?

5 = 5[d5]

Are they fighting fit?

(50/50) Yes.

They have seen little action having come from the furthest point on the ship to the invaders. do they try and take command of us?

(Somewhat Likely) Yesand...

they agree with our plan but insist on going their way, where do they lead us next?

Fortified medical station.

We reach a fortifies bulkhead around the main med bay on board. do the 5 leave us to bolster defences here?

(50/50) Yes.

Do any armed guards accompany us now?

(50/50) No.

The officer in charge is raw and orders all the guards to remain with him, holding no faith in rummors of killer robots... are they engaged with the enemy before we leave?

(50/50) No.

Do we manage to gain any new supplies here?

(Likely) Yes.

1 = 1[d5]

Plans.

A rough map is provided showing where we last had defenders holding out, can we reach the lab without leaving the supposedly safe areas on the map?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes.

"huh would you look at this here, we can just go down there and up through that duct and were outside the lab!" Is it this easy?

(Unlikely) No.

As we get near the room we hear sounds of fighting, do any enemy see us?

(50/50) Noand...

a grenade rolls out of the smoky corridor, do we take any hits?

(Somewhat Likely) No+Twist: Physical event / Hinders the hero

The grenade causes the corridor ahead to collapse blocking our route... is there another safe route?

(Very Unlikely) Noand...

as we move in the only way left to us we come across..

2 = 2[d5]

two enemy troopers, do they see us?

(50/50) Nobut...

we decide to try and sneak past them... do we all make it?

(50/50) Noand...

as we pass one of the guys kicks a can lying on the floor, do we manage to shoot at them before they target us?

(Likely) Yes.

4 = 4[d5]

Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

We put one down using my captured blaster but the other one, fires?

(Likely) Yes.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Olly?

(50/50) Yesand...

The spray hits me and a friend but we are mostly fine, however it allows her to shoot at us again before we can fire..

Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

One of the guys takes a shot through the left arm

I return fire

Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

With both down we decide to scarper, do we reach the door without further issue?

(50/50) No.

another trooper?

(50/50) Yes.

alone?

(Somewhat Likely) No.

2 = 2[d5]

Another pair of troopers are outside the lab, are they trying to get in?

(50/50) Yes.

can we get close enough to shoot them without being seen?

(50/50) Nobut...

do they get called away?

(50/50) Yes.

both?

(Unlikely) Yes.

as they leave we sneak up to the door, have they broken the lock?

(50/50) Nobut...

they have mangled the controls a lot, can we use our plasma torch to cut in?

(Likely) Yes.

Do they come back before we finish cutting?

(50/50) Yes.

As they come round the corner Olly opens fire

4 = 4[d5]

Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

as both look for cover he gets one more shot at each,

Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

The remaining one fires back

Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

One of the friends?

(Likely) Yes.

damn as one cuts the door the other three attend to him, Olly fires back

Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

With both down and out for now we get through the door, carrying our wounded in with us, how many robots are there in here?

94 = 94[d100]

94 working robots, can they all be powered up at once?

(50/50) Yesbut...

it will be better if we activate them as squads, how long does it take to activate each squad of 10?

5 = 5[d10]

Only 5 min, do any more enemies appear in the next 5 min?

(50/50) No.

We order the first ten to guard the perimeter around this room. Do the enemy manage to break through?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yesbut...

8 = 8[d10]

Only eight make it just as the next squad power up.

Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Killed.

three are put straight down do the rest flee?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yesbut...

they are cut down, do the robots retake the ship without further input from us?

(Very Likely) Yes.

Having saved the day Olly breaks out his trusty playing cards, "so..anyone for a small wager?"

[Image: 4c.gif]

[Image: 3c.gif]

[Image: 13h.gif]

Hmm Olly examines his cards,

[Image: 2s.gif]

[Image: 10s.gif]

many hours later, does the wounded friend pull through?

(Likely) Yesbut...

he will be in recovery for a fair while. Do any of them get a commendation for thier actions?

(Somewhat Likely) Noand...

Not only do they not get a commendation they get a reprimand for ignoring the orders to stay put in the med bay, "bloody officers" Lighting a lho stick Olly ambles back to Engineering, "come on lots of repairs to do if this bucket is to get back up to speed anytime soon.." Thus the State Nestus survives for now..

*Bit of a rambling story but I fancied trying something completely different for me...was fun anyway!