Saturday, 25 January 2014

RPG Solo adventures of Leo session 3

Session 3
RE: The adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
We return to our would be adventurer on a nice sunny morning

Strong distillery.

Waking with a thick head Leo turns and see's the Tavern within which he took his rest last night, "How'd I end up outside.." he muses.

Crown.

Scroll case.

The Crown and Scroll Tavern doesn't provide the most welcoming exterior, a small single story wooden building with a faded sign swinging in the wind above a stout wooden door, a water trough sits out front, does Leo start by taking a drink of water from said trough?

(Sure Thing) Yesand...

He also has a quick wash, feeling somewhat back to normal he checks how much Silver he spent..

3 = 3[d10]

Only three Silver! a cheap night he must have either been lucky at cards or the most interesting story teller around these parts to account for the sore head large quantities of alcohol can only have caused.

As Leo gathers up his gear and thinks about finding some breakfast he looks around to see if anyone is near by?

(50/50) Noand...

not only is it rather quiet it is too quiet.. Leo begins to look around in a slightly comedic attempt at furtiveness. Does he go inside the Tavern?

(Very Likely) Yesand... +Twist: Item / Ends the scene

Pushing aside the swinging door he is greeted by..

Busily / Damaged.

the remnants of an Inn with smashed furnishings littering the place and the smell of spilt ale permeating the air, Does Leo search the Tavern? I think one pass out of three Q rolls should be sufficient

14 = 5[d6]+3[d6]+6[d6]

explode the 6

9 = 4[d6]+5[d6]

give a total of three successes, I count that as a detailed search and if I say one dice size per success that means he may have found D8 items.

3 = 3[d8]

Jewelry.

Urn.

Food.

Well food you would expect to find in a Tavern, eating his fill Leo feels much better, the Urn he leaves on the mantel as the one undisturbed item within the strewn mess that remains here. Jewellery how many silvers is that worth?

337 = 337[d500]

A fortune! things are looking up for Leo! As he leaves the Tavern is there anyone in sight now?

(50/50) Yes.

Ignorant village idiot.

As Leo steps out he almost falls over a stooped figure, "careful friend" calls Leo, "what happened here?" Does the idiot know what happened?

(Very Unlikely) Yesbut...

he doesn't want to share what he knows. Leo tries to talk him round, "come now friend surely you can tell me what happened here?" opposed social roll, Idiot Q5

10 = 5[d6]+2[d6]+3[d6]

1 success, Leo Q4

12 = 3[d6]+5[d6]+4[d6]

2 successes, "well there was a..."

Marauder.

Snobby ship's captain.

"Pirate Captain and he attacked the tavern, looking for some.."

Assassinate the half-elf spy at the poor inn.

"elf who sold him poor information or something", "Was the Elf here?"

(50/50) No.

"Did the Captain find out where the Elf is?"

(50/50) Noand...

"The Tavern keeper died before the Captain got the answers he wanted and everyone else fled the inn", "Do you know where the Pirate went?"

(50/50) No.

"Do you know where the elf was?"

(50/50) No.

"Do you know where anyone else went?"

(50/50) Noand...

The idiot seems to have got bored of questions and is trying to lick ale off the table top.. giving up on him Leo decides its all none of his concern anyway and no one is likely to sing tales bout him for saving an elf anyway. Whistling a jaunty tune Leo decides to head away north,

Massive rift.

Coming to the top of a gentle rise Leo finds himself at a cliff edge with a valley splitting the land as far as he can see, deciding one way is as good as another Leo turns right and walks along..

Vine-choked hovel.

Leo finds himself entering a forest that quickly thickens to block out the sun, finding himself outside a nearly hidden house looking like it is more part of the woods than a separate structure Leo thinks about knocking or quietly walking past, he has had poor luck with magic and witches in general and if he had to describe where one might live this would be it.

Chauvinistic female seer.

"What do you want?" the sudden voice making Leo jump, turning he sees a stooped small woman peering up at him from within a homespun dark cloak. "err.." croaks Leo, "I'm trying to find my way out of this woods and to the next settlement.. I don't suppose you could point me in the right direction..?" he hesitantly asks.

(50/50) Yesand...

Weather sense.

"You just need to follow that path another hour and then turn left once you get to the cross roads, but you will want to hurry a storm is coming in. Now if you have nothing else to trouble me with? I suggest ye be off" Leo turns to look at the indicated path "where did that.." turning back the woman has disappeared, spinning round Leo shudders and hurries off in the direction indicated "Witches I'm beset by witches!" mutters Leo as he hurries away.

Temporary road.

Belligerent religious fanatic.

Reaching the cross road Leo is starting to feel better about his day when a robed man jumps out at him waving a tattered book in one hand and with a zealous look in his eyes begins to preach at Leo, "REPENT oh wicked sinner, does thou follower the eight tenants of mighty Zog the one true deity?" "err not really" responds Leo. "Heretic thou must suffer" screams the deranged fanatic, C1 Q4 rolls for actions.

11 = 6[d6]+2[d6]+3[d6]

7 = 2[d6]+5[d6]

1 action, he lashes out with the holy book (this may explain its tattered state..),

4 = 4[d6]

Total of 5 vs

6 = 6[d6]

8, despite his surprise Leo's reactions take over and he avoids the blow and strike back,

5 = 2[d6]+3[d6]

the holy book flies from his hand and breaks in half, pages threaten to blow away in the wind, "NO" screams the fanatic, does he rush to the book?

(50/50) No.

In a frenzy he launches himself at Leo, prepared Leo has raised his sword.

4 = 4[d6]

5 = 5[d6]

11 = 5[d6]+6[d6]

knocking him backwards Leo try's to decide whether to finish this loon off or make a break for it.. rolls for actions

12 = 5[d6]+1[d6]+6[d6]

two actions used for a power attack by Leo,

5 = 5[d6]

1 = 1[d6]

7 v 1 more than tripled things look bleak for the follower of Zog!

5 = 2[d6]+3[d6]

A savage blow to the head knocks him senseless and possible cracks his skull. Does Leo search him?

(50/50) No.

Does he finish him off?

(50/50) Yes.

Wiping his sword on the robes Leo hurries away before any more mad men attack him, the book of Zog blows away in pieces.

Ramshackle farm.

Mischievous bully.

Hurrying along Leo comes across a snare trap set in the path, Does he manage to avoid it? 2 successes needed.

15 = 5[d6]+6[d6]+4[d6]

6 = 5[d6]+1[d6]

three successes, not only does Leo notice it but he cuts it down and throws it off the path. As he does so a large man storms out of the nearby bushes. "Oi what do you think your doing cutting up my rope?" yells the man at Leo, is he armed?

(50/50) No.

No weapons are visible but that may mean nothing! Does Leo attempt to reason with the man?

(50/50) Noand...

not stopping to even listen Leo delivers a vicious punch sending the man back into the bush, Leo promptly moves off down the trail.

Well-crafted workshop.

reaching a workshop Leo decides to trade, he sells the Jewellery

312 = 212[d337]+100

slightly under its face value but better than nothing! He also sells the below average wand for

98 = 98[d100]

The above average gemstone for

740 = 740[d1000]

Ring for

53 = 53[d100]

Leo now had 1500 silver (equal to 75 gold a small fortune!) deciding to spend some he buys a horse to ease his feet.

76 = 76[d200]

bargain, he also buys some light barding for the horse and a nice saddle etc

5 = 5[d200]

hmm too cheap I think so call it

71 = 71[d200]

Some better light armour to replace his light hides.

108 = 58[d100]+50

some nice riding boots

8 = 8[d100]

A Lantern, some lockpicks and a first aid kit, total

50 = 50

Well satisfied with his dealings Leo agrees to play a game of cards or two with the owner..

[Image: 2h.gif]

[Image: 5h.gif]

[Image: 7c.gif]

[Image: 13c.gif]

[Image: 11h.gif]

[Image: 13h.gif]

[Image: 12d.gif]

[Image: 9h.gif]

[Image: 10d.gif]

[Image: 13h.gif]

Leo's pair of Kings beats the shopkeepers K high, Leo wins

50 = 50[d100]

Leo rides his new horse further down the road.

Dwarven brothel.

Sloppy female sword master.

Coming upon an odd bawdy house with a drunk woman swinging a pricy sword whilst cursing at the surrounding Dwarfs, Leo stops to take in the scene. Unsure whether he should help the drunk swordswoman or the few Dwarfs facing her Leo opts for random chance and decides if he draws a picture card he will get involved..

[Image: 3d.gif]

happy fate wants him to have no part in this he ties up his horse and takes a seat out side the brothel to enjoy the entertainment, does anyone get hurt?

(50/50) Nobut...

the woman appears to have run out of strength and her last swing spins her round and into a heap on the ground where after a few minutes she can be heard snoring softly, the bemused dwarfs disperse back inside. His curiosity peaked Leo decides to wait for the woman to wake up and speak with her.

to be continued....