Saturday, 25 January 2014

RPG Solo 40K Missions of an Interrogator part 1

40k esq missions of an Interrogator
This is my first attempt at doing more than the short play/examination of this tool and I have to say it was great fun using it to develop/aid my story/imagination.

I hope you get some enjoyment reading this:
(I would usually spend some time proof reading and tidying it up but I want to get it posted and not sure when I'll have time otherwise so apologies for that!)

Atmosphere: Breathable mix
Temperature: Temperate
Biosphere: Human-miscible biosphere
Population: Tens of thousands of inhabitants
Tech Level: Tech Level 3. Twentieth-century technology.
World Tags: Oceanic World, Civil War


Cover up the data at the secret world.


My name is Jolin Gawrys, I awake to the sound of alarms ringing.


(Am I in my own quarters?)

Yes.


(Do I have time to dress?)

Yes, and...


I manage to equip full combat gear with body armour and a selection of weaponry.


(Can I contact anyone from here to find out what's going on?)

No, but...

Tarqin sticks his head around the door, "coming boss?"


"What's happening?"


Environment.


"The rebel forces have broached the south dome, orders?"


"is it just us two?"

Yes.


"The rest are separated through out the city, they went with that patrol last night and must have got caught up in the attack."


"Damn them if they had just waited there would have been plenty of fun to go around."


"Right Tarq we need to get across to Western command do you know if the transport links are still working?"

No.


"Okay by foot it is, lead on." 
Heading out on to the main concourse the corridors are full of civilians and military personnel rushing in both ways.

"Is any one taking charge yet?"

"I saw that Inquisitor talking with Lord General Phasis on my way here sounded like they were arguing over who has the right priorities." Tarqin grinned. "I think the Inquisitor was one step from shooting him."


"Damn that's all we need if the natives turn on the Inquisitor they might turn on us too, try and get a message through to our ride off this floating city, once we have what we came for we need to get out of this war zone and let the locals argue it out amongst themselves."


(Can Tarqin contact orbit from near by?)

No.


(Is the nearest communications room on our way to the Western command?)

Yes.


"Come on we need to make up time." Breaking into a fast jog they head for the communication room.


(Is the fighting getting closer yet?)

No.


(Is there any obstacles between us and the communications room?)

Yes.


Amphibian mercenary.


A squad of local guards have set up a road block to keep people away from the command centre of the South Dome and the nearest access point to the Western dome is also behind them.


(Do they let us through with out issue?)

Yesbut...

Just as we were passing through, 
"Hold on a minute lets see those ID tags again. Say's here all off world personnel are only to be granted access under the direct authority of Inquisitor Hawk." 
(Is Hawk likely to grant us passage?)

No, but...


he will want to speak to us to find out what we are doing here and who we work for. (does the guard attempt to hold us here for verification?)

Yes.


(Can he be persuaded?)

Yes.


"Come on we're part of the Lord Governors command staff, I can notify the Lord General that we are being held up from joining him if you want..." "thinking about it maybe you passed through before we set up the check point, sorry to delay you Sir, right on your way."


Tarqin let out a slow breath, "I thought that was it for us, held by local militia until either this Inquisitor takes us apart or the war catches up with us." moving sharply onwards we reach the communications room. (Do we gain access?)

No, but...

"Please provide authorisation to access this room..." (Do we have the right level of access on our ID cards?)

No.


(Do we have tools that allow us to crack the lock with a false ID?)

Yes, but...

the people inside will know it is false as soon as we enter as the clearance it uses is that of the Lord General..


The door opens, (how many are inside?)

5 = 5[d6]


(Are they all communications staff?)

Yes.


(Is there any officers?)

No, and...

Five worried junior rating turn as we enter, "Sir, what's happening Sir, the system seems to be glitching again it says your the Lord General?" 
(Can we persuade them its an error?)

Yes.


"Don't worry son it's just a glitch in the system again, I'm Colonel Gawry's of the 91st Hellespont Guard the Lord General sent me to contact the fleet in orbit, do you have a connection established?" "err yes Sir please use terminal 3. Thank you, carry on."


(Do we have a suitable code to use with our ship?)

Yes, and...


"Siphnus do you read this is Hellespont?" "Good to hear you this is Siphnus." "Message reads Ascension in ten hostile thunder eagle in hiding." "Copy Hellespont ascension in ten. Signing off," Jolin turn's to the communications team, "thank you best you secure this room after we leave."


Leaving the communications team behind they head towards Western command, (do we reach it without problem?)

No.


(Is it the rebels?)

Yes, and...


Silicoid killer.


The sudden noise of breaking glass accompanied by screams and explosions causes Jolin and Tarqin to take cover. "Damn it in the Emperors name is there no end to our bad luck today." looking round the corner they can see an assault squad has broached the ceiling of the dome and is rapidly descending to their level. 
(How many of them is there?)

9 = 9[d20]


"damn nine plus I think I saw one of their assassins drop in too but I can't be sure. This must be a hit team aiming to take out the command post, we need to help neutralise them before they reach the command centre."


(How many loyalist soldiers are there?)

8 = 8[d20]


(In the opening attack how many of these eight go down?)

6 = 6[d8]


(Do they take any of the attackers with them?)

Yes, but...

(only half the roll)

4 = 4[d9]


So only two attackers fell. (Is the command room sealed off?)

Yes.


(Is there another way in from here?)

No.

"Right we either need to take them out and then try and persuade them to let us in or we let them breach...?" "Sitting tight sounds like a solid plan to me Sir."


(Do the attackers focus on the door?)

Yes.


(Can they breach it easily?)

Yes.


"Look Tarqin is that the assassin..?" a figure dressed in a black body glove approached the door and with a sudden movement punched the door, (does it breach?)

Yes, and...


The door is smashed in. Letting out a breath Tarqin muttered; "damn he must be equipping some type of power fist. Could be one of those battle robots the rebels supposedly captured from the Magos?" 
(Can we tell from here?)

No.


(Do we currently have heavy enough weapons to damage either?)

Yes.


(overt weaponry?)

Yes.


Tarqin use that Plasma gun and light it up; (Does he hit it?)

Yes.


(is it mechanical?)

Yes.


No Damage


"Damn" a glancing hit knocks it from its feet but it gets straight back up apparently unharmed... (does it come for us?)

No.


Ignoring us it turns back to the command room and prepares to enter the wreckage of the doors, (do the defenders fire out?)

Yes.


(Do they hit any attackers?)

No.


(How many attackers fire in to the room?)

5 = 5[d7]


(Do the remaining two fire at us?)

Yes.


(Do they hit us?)

No, and...


"they aren't even aiming near us we must have caught them so by surprise that they didn't see where we fired from." Jolin is armed with a custom rifle (does he hit?)

Yes.


Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention


One rebel is taken out screaming for a medic, the other ignores him and starts to re-aim our way.. A plasma blast envelops him..

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening


but the damage is largely absorbed by the broken rubble he is kneeling behind though it looks like is arm has painful burns and part of his uniform is alight... he stands up and..


Interestingly / Harsh.


The grenades on his webbing cook off killing him and

1 = 1[d5]


the other wounded rebel facing us. Moving down we approach the doors, (is there still sounds of fighting inside?)

Yes, and...


we can see some of the attackers sheltering just within the door behind consoles trading fire with unseen defenders. (Opening up does Tarqin hit?)

No.


Despite the odds of hitting the plasma gun gives a warning noise and shuts down to avoid overheating.... "in the Emperor's... piece of junk", slinging the Plasma gun he brings a shotgun to bare. Jolin fires.. (does he hit?)

Yes.


Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening


The body armour one of the attackers is wearing saves there life, switching to a his close combat weapons Jolin draws his power sword and laspistol. (Do the nearest enemy charge us?)

Yes.


(Are they armed with CCW's?)

Yes, but...


they are still holding their rifles, one try's to drop it and draw his pistol, Jolin's Sword...

Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly


....removes his head with one blow, the other mixes it up with Tarqin, (does Tarqin win?)

Yes, but...


No Injury


the strap holding the plasma gun to his back is separated dropping the gun to the floor.


The enemy slumps to the floor with his hands trying to hold his guts in.


(Are there any other immediate threats from enemy troops?)

Yes, but...


They are occupied with the defenders, (do the defenders finish them off?)

Yes.


(Is the Lord General there?)

Yes.


(Is he alive?)

Yes.


(Is he wounded?)

Yes, but...

he is conscious.


(Is this Inquisitor Hawk here?)

No.


(Is there any other senior officers?)

Yes, but...


they are unconscious or too wounded to speak.


(Is there any of the Inquisitors warband here?)

Yes, but...

(are they dead?)

Yes, but...


one lives? (are they conscious?)

Yes.


(Is the enemy assassin here?)

No.


Jolin surveyed the scene, a couple of ranked support staff seem to be operational along with the Lord General and the outsider. "Lord General did any of you see a black clad assassin enter?"


Bleakly / Historical.


Before he can answer the member of Inquisitor Hawks band speaks up, "who are you and what are you doing here? you look familiar do I know you?" 
(does he make the correct connection?)

Yes, and...


Despite the unlikelihood of his recognising us; "You, I know you your one of HIS minions.." (can he be reasoned with?)

No.


Jolin still holding his power sword leaned forward and runs him through; "Heretic.." seems to bubble out of his lips as he slumps to the floor. Shocked the Lord General and his staff look at Jolin with some concern. Raising a hand to placate them Jolin informs the Lord General that he is part of the Lord Governors secret police and that Inquisitor Hawk or his band are suspected of being traitors to the Imperium but due to his rank and position the Lord Governor can not yet challenge him directly. (Do they accept this?)

No.


One of the Generals aides goes to raise his pistol,


Wildly / Glorious.


A black blur eviscerates the Lord General and takes the Major's arm off at the elbow, cursing Jolin and Tarqin back away. Finishing with the General and the Major the assassin..


Break.


Breaks off and heads for the exit, unfortunately they are in its path, (can they evade?)

No.


It swings at Tarqin..


Crazily / Juvenile.


He trips over his plasma gun avoiding the lethal swipe.. Jolin steps in a strikes with his power sword..

Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated


Taking the right arm completely off he steps back as the machine takes stock with fluid and wiring dripping from the wound in its shoulder. It moves to strike and...

Moderate Damage: Hampers functionality significantly; will require rapair/mechanical attention


A plasma blast takes its leg off at the knee. from the floor Tarqin lets out a sigh of relief cut short as it starts to push it self up onto its remaining leg. "Damn impressive tech this hey Jolin", a sweep of a power sword...

Severe Damage: Incapacitating and may become Critical if not addressed


...severs its body, leaving it lying in a hissing pile of machinery attempting to function still. "Up you get Tarq we still need to complete our objective time is running out". Advancing on the bloody mess that was the Lord General Jolin picks up and wipes of his ornate eagle of office, stepping to the main console the eagle slips neatly into a shaped slot. 
A automated voice pipes from damaged speakers, "Welcome Lord General please complete authentication". Jolin pushes a code into his ID chit and slots it into the console; "Authentication confirmed". "Well at least that worked hey!" "Get over to that server Tarq and prepare to download and wipe the files I'm transferring from here". 

(Do the files transfer and wipe with out issue?)

Yes.


"Right uploading masking data to replace it", (does this work okay?)

Yes.


"Okay lets clear out," removing the Lord Generals Eagle Jolin enters the lock down security codes preventing access from these consoles to the rest of the data stream. Heading out they aim to get to the nearest landing pad, (is there any one in the near vicinity?)

No, but...


they can hear voices from the direction they need to go, (can they tell who it is?)

Yes, and...


a squad of guards led by a Captain come round the corner and spread out when they see the two gore covered men. "Who are you? no sudden moves shouts the Captain". "We arrived too late to Save the Lord General from a Rebel Assassin robot, but we recovered his Eagle to return to the Lord Governor, were part of his security team.." 
(Does the Captain lower his guard?)

Yes, and...


"How can we help Sir?" "We need to access landing pad 1A-GFT immediately." The Captain details two men to accompany them. (Setting off do they reach the landing pad without further incidence?)

Yes.


(Does the door open?)

Yes, but...

There is a rebel fire team piling out onto the landing pad from an old fashioned looking rotor gunship. "Tarqin take it down.."

No Damage


The plasma blast misses the jinking gunship, the two guardsmen open fire on the rebel squad, (how many do they hit?)

9 = 9[d10]


The guardsmen are armed with an old fashioned but effective solid projectile sub-machineguns which sweep the landing pad,

Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise


Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated


Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise


Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention


Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated


No Injury


Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening


Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention


Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise


Despite hitting nine of the exposed troops only two are taken out completely with another two to three out for the short term. The other five return fire but the doorway provides some cover, (do they hit anyone? Guardsmen)

No Injury


No Injury


(Jolin?)

No Injury


(Tarqin?)

No Injury


Jolin and Tarqin fire at them (how many do they hit?)

1 = 1[d5]


Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated


There concentrated fire takes out another leaving four effectives in the way. The Gunship comes about and opens fire with side mounted rotary canons..


Awkwardly / Rotten.


The doorway explodes in a shower of splinters as the old material exceeds its damage threshold, one of the guardsmen takes the brunt of the impact,

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening


he is covered in splinters and staggers into the open, where the attackers cut him down with ease. Checking his time Jolin try's his personal communications device, "Siphnus this is Hellespont.." (are they in range yet?)

Yes.


A Vendetta gunship drops out of the sky and opens up on the rotor gunship...

Critical Damage: Requires immediate attention; clearly disabling if not immediately destructive


trailing flames it slides out of their sight followed by the crump of it exploding against the dome further down, the Vendetta mops up the remaining rebels and brings itself to a low hover, "best get aboard Hellespont can't wait here all day", 

running across Tarqin and Jolin dive on board as it screams into the sky and heads for the low orbit shuttle dock hanging on the horizon like some medieval fortress given flight. 

A stooped figure greats them as they land, "well you survived then". Taking the Eagle and data and handing the latter off to a scribe hovering at his side the Inquisitor turned and beckoned them to follow him inside. 

"Well done Interrogator Jolin we may make an Inquisitor of you yet hmm, although you need to work on your subtlety can't rely on a convenient local Civil war next time eh".