Saturday, 25 January 2014

RPG Solo Adventures of Leo session 2

SESSION 2
Continuing adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
Leo awakes and stretches, picking up his belongings he heads out.

Leo whistles as he walks the morning sunshine warming him and improving his spirits,

(Does any one hear him whistling?)

Yes.

Confident female prison guard.

"You there!" startled Leo almost trips over, looking up he sees a fit looking woman wearing light armour and armed with a billy club and a whip, seeing no one else around Leo approaches her, recalling the last pretty lass to cross his path he loses some of his jaunty swagger and takes another look around. As he gets closer "Have you seen anyone round here? there is an escaped prisoner in the area." Scratching himself behind one ear Leo regains some of his confidence "you don't say, well can't say I've been troubled but what does this dangerous fella look like?"

Cheery witch who is slightly stronger than you and whose motivation is to suppress composure, offend the elite, and develop slavery; who speaks of insane turmoil and is focused on your fame.

"A witch" the guards voice is spitting with venom, wiping an imaginary speck off his already dusty jerkin Leo asks "A witch huh so is there any reward for news of this dangerous escape?"

(Likely) Nobut...

"Not for any news no but should you capture her I can offer you hard currency", striking his version of a thoughtful pose, "so how much 'hard currency' we talking here?"

(Dead?)

19 = 19[d20]

"19 silvers dead"

(Alive?)

13 = 13[d20]

"13 gold Alive", Leo nods thoughtfully then his jaw falls open.. "gold...did you say gold?" "that's right however I warn you she is highly dangerous so I'd go for the silvers unless your a lot tougher than you look".

(Does Leo manage to look past the Gold and ask any more sensible questions?) 2 successes needed

8 = 5[d6]+1[d6]+2[d6]

Blinded by the thought of gold Leo thanks the guard and rushes off in the direction she indicated, coming to a clearing a little while latter.

Massive sewer.

A fowl stench fills the air, "damn me that's fowl" exclaims Leo as he surveys the scene, a bubbling green-brown pond seeps over the clearing, is there anyone else there?

(50/50) Yes.

(is it the witch?)

(50/50) Nobut...

Judgmental banker.

Leo spies a tall gentleman standing to one side a embroidered handkerchief to his mouth dressed in as smart a suit of clothing as Leo had ever scene. (Does he approach undetected? opposed roll needed) Gentleman?

9 = 2[d6]+6[d6]+1[d6]

explodes the 6

10 = 6[d6]+4[d6]

and again

7 = 4[d6]+3[d6]

two successes, Leo rolls

11 = 6[d6]+1[d6]+4[d6]

explodes

5 = 1[d6]+4[d6]

so a draw, as Leo gets within a couple of feet the man turns, frozen they both stare at each other.

(Does Leo speak first?)

(50/50) Yesbut...

(Is the gentleman hostile?)

(50/50) No.

"err hello there my names Leo, that's a fine suit you have there" suddenly looking cautious "not a witch are you?"

"A witch? my good man no I am not a witch, I am a Gentleman and a banker Sir!" clearly Leo has ruffled his feathers, "don't suppose you have seen any likely witches around these parts have you?"

(Unlikely) No.

"Witches, what has you looking for witches! and how would I tell pray? do they ware black pointy hats and look a shade of green?" Looking momentarily flummoxed "err yes?" ventures Leo, shaking his head the Gentleman starts to leave "why they would be rather easy to spot if that was so wouldn't they,...pointy hats indeed!" mutters the man as he leaves.

Moving on Leo thinks about it and decides he may be wrong but he'll still keep an eye out for any black cats!

Glowing crime scene.

A short way further on Leo stumbles to a holt, "by the gods!" he breathes, in front of him is a body and it appears to be glowing faintly with a sickly hue, examining the body it appears to be..

Deviant brew master.

some kind of once dangerous looking tavern keeper, but with no tavern or wagon in sight it is a strange fellow to come across out here at the best of times.
(Can Leo safely search the body?)

(50/50) Yesand... +Twist: NPC / Appears

As Leo is tentatively reaching out to the body a voice over his shoulder says "wouldn't do that if I was you..." Leo nearly jumped out of his skin, (does he trip over the body?)

(50/50) Yesand...

sprawling in a heap Leo groans, looking up he sees a middle age rather plain looking woman in a brown cloak. Taking her offered hand he gets to his feet, "where in the name of seven hells did you come from?" brushing himself down Leo starts to regain some composure, "magic cackles the woman" Leo promptly nearly falls over again backing away he has his short sword half drawn, "your the witch..?" he can't keep the incredulity out of his voice, "so your the poor fool sent to hunt me down are you? well I hope your prepared" so saying she raises her hands suddenly causing Leo to flinch badly, Suddenly laughing she lets her hands drop "why your not the tough bounty hunter I was expecting at all"
"if I wanted to do you harm would I not have done so by now?" Leo ponders this seemingly reasonable line of thought, "so what do you want?" he asks her whilst keeping one hand on his weapons.

Guard the gnome servant at the deadly jail.

"I want you help to spring my friend from the same prison I was held in" "what's in it for me?" asks Leo

4 = 4[d20]

"4 gold coins I can pay you" (80 silver) which is a lot more than he would get for bringing her in dead but a lot less than alive! Leo decides to go along with her for now rationalising he can always claim the reward if it doesn't look like it will work out! "deal, so which way?" "follow me dearie" swearing she cackled Leo followed on behind. (Do we run across anyone else enroute?)

(50/50) Nobut...

Lost clearing.

As they enter a clearing Leo realises he is lost, "err what's your name anyway?" "Lonita, and you Leo right?" shocked Leo backs away a step "...h..how did you know that?" laughing "because you've only been muttering 'fine mess your in here Leo' under you breath" "how did you get caught anyway?" (Does she tell him?) persuade three successes.

7 = 1[d6]+4[d6]+2[d6]

"never you mind about that lets be off time is a wasting" (Do they come across anyone else before reaching the Jail?)

(50/50) Yes.

"Well, well I never thought you would do it but well done, I have your gold here" the female prison guard emerges from the other side of the clearing just before we entered, Leo realised that with him following behind a couple of steps and with his hands glued to the hilt of his weapons it looked like he was escorting the witch back! (Does the witch react first?)

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Witch actions? Q4

12 = 2[d6]+6[d6]+4[d6]

with her two actions she casts a spell at the guard, "Destroy enemy" her hands weave a complex pattern

8 = 1[d6]+1[d6]+6[d6]

Spell backfires...

8 = 5[d6]+3[d6]

a magical fire consumes the witch as she screams, the flames vanish but the witch now resembles a ugly crone with a green tint to her skin and a large wart on her nose. using her second action she attempts a different spell, a fire ball appears in her hands, (does the guard react next?)

(Likely) Yesbut...

14 = 6[d6]+5[d6]+3[d6]

two actions, stepping forwards the guard unleashes her whip at the witch, c3

6 = 6[d6]

total of 9 versus the witches C2

1 = 1[d6]

doubled a serious wound to the witch

2 = 1[d6]+1[d6]

The witch is knocked down and will be at -1C and +1Q until healed. also the fire ball...! needing a 4+

2 = 2[d6]

As the witch falls the fireball explodes and she is engulfed in flames, a C4 attack

3 = 3[d6]

7 to her defence of 1

4 = 4[d6]

10 = 4[d6]+6[d6]

as she is rolling on the floor the Guard lashes out with the cudgel in her other hand, C3

6 = 6[d6]

damn a 9 not looking good for the witch! C1 defence

1 = 1[d6]

8 = 4[d6]+4[d6]

The solid stick cracks the witch audibly on the head and her struggles cease as she is clearly unconscious at the very least. Breathing hard the guard gives her a swift kick in the ribs. "thanks for your help" she snarls at Leo, "err sorry it was all a bit sudden" realising he has his sword drawn he puts away his weapons, "now about that gold?", with an evil glint the guard steps over the witch "gold you may have found her first but I didn't see you render her compliant it almost looked like she was leading you..." a thoughtful look crossed her face as she regarded Leo, thinking quickly "well I thought it easier to pretend I was helping her in order to get her to come with me, I mean I led her right too you.." (Does he persuade the guard? Guards roll)

9 = 3[d6]+5[d6]+1[d6]

Leo rolls

12 = 3[d6]+5[d6]+4[d6]

Grudgingly she nods "huh your not as dumb as you look obviously, however I can only give you.."

7 = 7[d13]

"7 gold seeing as I did most of the hard work I think I deserve some recompense" looking suddenly dangerous "unless you disagree..?", "no, no that sounds fair" taking his 7 gold Leo makes haste away from the clearing whilst the guard gags and ties up the witch for transport back to prison.

I decide Leo did fairly well and gains some basic knowledge of Magic no enough to use or resist but enough that he may spot it in the future. He also gains?

1 = 1[d10]

1 experience point - very tough to gain experience round these parts obviously!