Wednesday, 8 October 2014

RPG Solo Stolen plans for sale

Trade technological secrets at the founders weapon array.

Unstable colony ship.

Bounty hunter.

So I am trying to trade secret weapon array plans on-board an unstable colony ship whilst being pursued by a bounty hunter,

I am skilled in?

Projectile weapons.

Bluff.

Persuasion.

So a bit of a talker and shooter

what am I poor at?

Singing.

Starship gunnery.

First aid.

So despite my ability to talk my way into and out of situations I best stay away from the karaoke machine

Superb rations.

Very high quality stimpack.

Ammo bandolier.

Processing core.

Particle gun.

I'm reasonably well supplied with a Mk3 particle gun by sunset industries, plenty of food and my poor ability with first aid should be offset by the high tech stimpack.
The processing core should allow me to hack through basic systems.

Okay so where do I begin in the colony ship?

Fusion powered research outpost.

So I find myself standing within some sort of research facility on-board the colony ship. It has an observation bubble extending beyond the edge of the ship allowing exquisite views.
Am I alone?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

I can hear someone coming, am I allowed to be in here?
(Somewhat Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

Is this the meeting place to sell the plans?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes. +Twist: Emotional event / Changes the goal

Who am I planning to sell to?

Psychopath.

Draconian master.

Judgmental female overlord.

As I wait I check the time and resit the urge to pace nervously up and down, 'Come on you crazy psycho where are you?', 'Maybe I should have taken that lower offer from the Q'rek federation, at least I'd be confident of living to spend the money'

Is it her approaching?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

she is not alone

3 = 3[d10]

She is accompanied by

Impatient general.

Wise slave.

Charming programmer.

She sweeps into view as a regal presence full of haughty demeanour and a barely restrained desire for violence.
To her right is a tall imposing fellow dressed in an expensive Red uniform covered in gold lace and medals.
To her left a painfully thin wisp of an old woman looking more like a librarian until you notice the metal collar adorning her neck.
Behind them trails a nervous looking chap in overalls looking completely out of his depth, I assume he is here to verify the data I'm selling.
As if I'd sell anything false to her! I would never be able to relax for fear of her wrath, as it is I'm having second thoughts despite having no intent to get on her bad side.

'You have it? yes'

she has me automatically beginning a bow which I abort half way in irritation as I had intended to pretend she was a client like any other, 'Of course and you have our price as agreed?' Even I pale at my lack of deference but it was out before I could compose myself.
The expert seems to have his jaw on the floor and the slave takes a sudden deep breath.
The general rests his hand on his holster but favours me with a tight smile,

They are obviously waiting to see how she takes to me

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

'Very droll, perhaps I should have you taken and educated in the proper form of address to a system Overlord?'

I attempt to use my ability to bluff and persuade to extricate me from this poor turn of affairs

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Bowing deeply, 'My Lady I apologise profusely I was under the impression I was meeting with an undisclosed bidder wishing to buy the information I hold?'
'Had I known I conversed with an Overlord I would have started the bidding much higher'

I end with a impertinent grin on my face as we both know I knew who was bidding despite the supposed anonymity of the process.

Her stern demeanour suddenly cracked and a laugh escaped her, 'Enough you rogue let us complete our business before I change my mind simply for dragging me to this disgusting excuse for a ship.'

Waving her tech forward he opens a data tablet and I allow him to test a taster of the data I hold, testing will take?

51 = 51[d60]

51 minutes, we set up a simultaneous transfer of the cash to me against the data to her, whilst the tech monitors the transfers the Overlord makes herself comfortable in one of the chairs within the facility.

Her remaining companions take position either side of her chair.

Are we likely to be disturbed within the time limit?

(9[d10]) Yes.

Locals?

(8[d10]) Yes.

A proximate alarm goes off quietly and the General leans in to speak with his Overlord.
'Milady there are unknowns approaching should I call in a crash team?'

(1[d10]) No, and...

'Don't be a fool, this has to be a clandestine operation here, no one outside this room must be aware I have the plans for the weapons array until we have it operational, I'm quite sure you and this Rogue between you can sort this out?'

How many approach?

3 = 3[d10]

Organized official.

Robot.

Robot.

Glancing at the General who nods we both move to position ourselves covering the corridor, all to soon we catch sight of the interruption an officious looking chap and a couple of robots.
Are they battle robots?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

They have been reprogrammed for use as research robots, so whilst still deadly a lot less worrisome than had they still been active war bots.

Do they appear to know we are here?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Twist: NPC / Appears

They appear to be approaching with out any urgency, most likely wondering why a powered down part of the ship is showing signs of life. Before they reach the mid point to us a hail from behind has them halt and turn.

Is it the Bounty hunter?

(Somewhat Likely | 5[d10]) Yes, but... +Twist: NPC / Appears

Draconian mercenary.

Yes and he is not alone, suddenly the odds appear somewhat against us, glancing at the General he appears no more worried than before.
I had hoped to talk the official round but the Hunter makes that somewhat unlikely as they appear to already be acquainted.

Readying my particle gun outnumbered it is best to shoot first!

(9 = 9[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(18 = 18[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(18 = 18[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

My first triple pulse causes some nice damage on the unsuspecting enemy.
Was the Bounty hunter hit?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

1 = 1[d3]

But only a minor injury.
Did the Mercenary get hit?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

The official?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

So both battle robots took a severe hit taking them out the fight!, The General had also let off his own double tap with an antique looking pistol.

(18 = 17[d20]+1) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(8 = 7[d20]+1) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Who did he hit? 1-Bounty. 2-Mercenry. 3-Official

2 = 2[d3]

2 = 2[d3]

Both shots put the Merc down hard.
Is the official armed?

(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

He is not very good and only with a pistol.
Does he hit any of us?

(Unlikely | 4[d10]) No.

Does the bounty hunter hit us?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

only with?

1 = 1[d3]

One hit on me?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

The General takes a glancing hit from the Bounty Hunter

(2 = 5[d20]+-3) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

A small hole appears in his jacket but he appears unhurt.
The General seems impressed with my shooting.

We exchange another round of fire as they hide behind the wrecked robots.

1 = 1[d3]

2 = 2[d3]

(11 = 11[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(1 = 1[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(17 = 17[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

yes for Hunter no for official

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes. +Twist: Organization / Helps the hero

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

The Bounty hunter is put down hard with a surgical bit of shooting from the General, his first shot does little more than make him flinch into the path of the second shot which takes him in the neck.

The official takes a minor wound from my less accurate second volley.

We cautiously approach them, is only the official capable of fighting still?
(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

He tries to surrender, does the General accept?
(Very Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

A neat hole appears in his forehead and his mouth drops open as he crumples to the floor.
Is the Bounty hunter conscious?

(Unlikely | 5[d10]) No, but...

The Merc is trying to crawl away.

(Very Unlikely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

'He won't survive long' Saying so the General turns and shoots the hunter through the head too.

Returning to the others how long is left?
12 = 12[d51]

Only 12 minutes remain, with the main concern taken out we should be trouble free now.
Am I correct?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

The engineer closes his tablet and turns to bow to the Overlord 'Transfer complete Milady'
Turning to me I look up from verifying the funds in my account to see the Overlord looking at me as though reaching a decision.

Is it favourable to me?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

I hold my breath waiting for the order to wipe me from the living, 'You have both pleased and surprised me, I think I shall do you the honour of offering you a role in my circle, you accept of course.
Return to me when you have located something else of value.'

Giving a startled bow I look up to a surprisingly warm nod from the General as they all file out.

'Damn' Looks like I won't be enjoying these riches for awhile, now how to get out from under an Overlord?

Returning to my ship I leave to hunt out something big enough to set me free without making me even more valuable to her.