Thursday, 24 December 2015

RPG Solo: Zombie Apocalypse quick play through free form

Name:

 Ardy Curr

Skills:
4+

Hunting.

3+

Quick-draw.

Leadership.

2+

Sword fighting.

Animal handling.

Fishing.

1+

Camouflage.

Electronics.

First aid.

Diplomacy.

Things he can't do:

-2

Martial arts weapons.

-1

Streetwise.

Swimming.

I wake up

Ruined shopping mall.

Items I have number

2 = 2[d10]

Flint and steel.

Slingshot.

Poor start!
What type of shop am I in, in the mall?

Machete.

A blade shop! promising, do I find anything?

9 = 9[d10]

Keys.

Magnifying glass.

Metal pole.

Small mirror.

Slingshot.

Kerosene.

Gold coins.

Motorcycle helmet.

Flint and steel.

A very poor haul given the location.

Can I see or hear any thing out side this shop?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

its is eirely silent

Are there any other shops with promising loot left?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

how many?

4 = 4[d10]

Alarm clock.

Pickaxe.

Poison.

Axe.

A Clock shop
A tools shop
A Chemist
A hunting store

I try the hunting store first

3 = 3[d10]

Trench coat.

Buck knife.

Instruction manual.

I move on to the Tool shop, any movement?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

8 = 8[d10]

M67 frag grenade.

Nails.

Metal-bladed weed trimmer.

Molotov cocktail.

Bullhorn.

Duct tape.

Backpack.

Laser pointer.

THe Chemist should have useful stuff too, any one there?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Zombies?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Hostile?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Insane survivalist.

Do I see them first?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

As I leave the tool shop I sense something, stepping back a shovel misses me by a hair, a crazed woman in unkempt clothes with hair billowing
she shouts something unintelligable and swings at me again,

I use my sword fighting skill 2+

2 = +0 +0 +1 +1

a 4+

(19 = 18[d20]+1) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

(8 = 7[d20]+1) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(11 = 10[d20]+1) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(8 = 7[d20]+1) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

A quick flurry sees her hit the ground blood pumping from a neck wound.
Recovering from the shock of her attack I search her corpse.

6 = 6[d10]

Sword.

Smart phone.

M60 machinegun (7.62 mm).

Lawn darts.

Damaged keys.

Above average how-to guide.

Damn lucky she was too crazy to use the machinegun or sword on me!

taking time to sort out my kit i decide to make the chemist my final place

2 = 2[d10]

Worn-out SW revolver (.38 cal).

One of a kind sword.

A good haul if rather strange places to find this stuff

I move to the exit of the mall, do I see anyone?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

zombies?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

9 = 9[d10]

Shrieking zombie.

Putrid zombie.

Unusually cunning zombie.

Slime-covered zombie.

Unusually cunning zombie.

Bloated zombie.

Enormous zombie.

Unusually strong zombie.

Earless zombie.

any non zombies in sight?

(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

do they see me?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Is there a way past them without being seen?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

I try using my camouflage skill 1+

-3 = -1 -1 +0 -1

oooh so bad! -2 total I trip over a pot hole attracting their attention! d'oh
I attempt to use my quick draw skill to bring the machine gun to bare 3+

2 = +1 +1 +1 -1

Superb!

(20 = 15[d20]+5) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

(8 = 3[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(14 = 9[d20]+5) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(17 = 12[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(11 = 6[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(18 = 13[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(23 = 18[d20]+5) Killed.

(6 = 1[d20]+5) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(24 = 19[d20]+5) Killed.

I take 5 out straight away, the remaining 4 keep going, I shoot again using my hunting skill 4+

0 = +1 -1 +1 -1

Great

(10 = 5[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(19 = 14[d20]+5) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

(10 = 5[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(24 = 19[d20]+5) Killed.

That leaves two still coming, do I get another shot in?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

dropping the gun I draw my swords 3+

-1 = +0 -1 +1 -1

(21 = 16[d20]+5) Killed.

(21 = 16[d20]+5) Killed.

with a blur worthy of bruce lee or jackie chan I cut the last two down, I then finish off the wounded zombies.

is there any vehicles near by that look operational?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

there are more zombies coming?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

other hostiles?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

4 = 4[d10]

Battle-scarred scientist.

Chauvinistic artist.

Whiny female hunter.

Passive-aggressive child.

do I see them first?

(Likely | 5[d10]) No, but...

we see each other at distance, do they open fire?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

(16 = 16[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(10 = 10[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(17 = 17[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(17 = 17[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

I attempt to dodge their fire

1 = +0 +1 -1 +1

1 = +1 +0 +1 -1

-2 = -1 +0 +0 -1

0 = +0 -1 +0 +1

One gets through, I use my first aid 1+

-3 = -1 -1 +0 -1

burn a fate point

3 = +1 +0 +1 +1

avoiding any serious damage I take cover and line up the machine gun 4+

0 = +1 +1 -1 -1

(22 = 17[d20]+5) Killed.

(17 = 12[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(12 = 7[d20]+5) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(16 = 11[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Does the hunter flee?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

leaving them in a bad way I head to the car I saw that looked okay
do I get it started?

2 = +1 -1 +1 +1

Driving I look for a way out of the area, is it clear?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No. +Twist: Organization / Helps the hero

the CB radio in the car suddenly crackles "Attention driver of the blue Honda, you need to take a right, right and then a left to get out of the area, once your out head down
the highway, good luck"

Do I make it out on that route?

(Very Likely | 2[d10]) No.

Is it a trap?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Damn it! A dead end, gun fire peppers the car, "turn off the engine and step out, we will let you go if you pay tribute"

I use my diplomacy skill 1+

-3 = -1 -1 -1 +0

attempts at finding common ground fail quickly, offering my surrender sees a number aproach me

1 = 1[d10]

Independent con artist.

Only one guy approaches, I realise I can't see anyone else? is he alone!?

"right now pass your valuables out the window to me..."

Instead I point my pistol at him

"...err now hold on mate, come on we have you covered, just pay a toll and be on your way..."

"I think there is no one else here, so why don't you hand over your stuff and I will let you go?"

Does he give in?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

"Look..look alright you called it, heres all I have.."

7 = 7[d10]

Cheap trench coat.

Wallet.

Bowie knife.

Very high quality cigars.

Excellent keys.

Exquisite lighter fluid.

Broken bolt-action rifle (.308 cal).

I take his cigars and bolt action rifle and the lighter fluid, I decide to give him the weed trimmer as a consolation.

finding my way out i hit the road what do I come to next?

Heavily trapped hotel.

Are there any zombies in sight out side of the hotel?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Can I see any survivours at the hotel?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

does it look occupied?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

despite the heavy boarding up the door is hanging open, blood and debrie litters the area.

Securing the car I enter the hotel, do I come across anything or anyone downstairs?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

7 = 7[d10]

Emaciated zombie.

Unusually strong zombie.

Sprinting zombie.

Child zombie.

Wave of zombies.

Unusually tough zombie.

Vomiting zombie.

Opening a door I see 7 zombies, can I sneak away without attracting attention? 1+

2 = +1 +1 -1 +1

closing the door I have second thoughts and open it enough to throw my grenade in, blocking the door with some furniture I move on up as the explosion rips through behind me.
As I move up the stairs do I come across anything on the landing?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Twist: PC / Alters the location

Group of zombies.

10 = 10[d10]

Damn ten more zombies turn as I reach the top of the stairs it looks like they are feeding.
I turn to run for the car, enough of this damn hotel!

1 = +0 +0 +1 +0

I make it with seconds to spare as zombies crash into the car, putting it into gear I tear away from here and back on the road.

Poorly hidden mansion.

The next likely stop is a long drive up to a stately home, are there any signs of life?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

it looks like there was a hell of a fight here not long ago

can I get inside the house?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes. +Twist: Item / Ends the scene

as I open the door my world turns black..

Worn-out Molotov cocktail.

(21 = 16[d20]+5) Killed.

fin ******************