Thursday, 24 December 2015

RPG Solo: Rescue the cloned general from the founders asteroid.

Rescue the cloned general from the founders asteroid.


Intergalactic platform.

I step out of the airlock and breath deeply, hardly fresh but compared to the heavily recycled air of the shuttle its a fine thing.

Who am I?

Egomaniacal fugitive.

Quick-draw.

Streetwise.

Danger sense.

Melee weapons.

Aircraft piloting.

Powered armor.

Escape artist.

Projectile weapons.

Tactics.

Gambling.

And any kit I have to go with these skills?

Data crystal.

Homing missile launcher.

Vibro-blade.

Plasma cutter.

Force field generator.

Below average subspace communicator.

High quality blast helmet.

Keycard.

Schematics.

Light armor.

Is this the Founders asteroid?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Is this the nearest dock to get there?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

There is a ship leaving for the asteroid today.

Is the station hostile to me?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

there is a security check point to get through?

(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

they are not too observant?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

they know me?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Am I on my own?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

I have alarge team with me?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

18 = 18[d20]

I attempt to talk our way into the platform at the checkpoint. Difficulty level 5,
Using my Streetwise skill rated 2+

1 = +0 +1 -1 +1

I fall two levels short, they are willing to let some of us through but not all of us?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

they let us go through with out being searched.
I lead 8 of my team through into the platform

what else is here besides:
Security
Operations/communications hub
A number of docking stations

Liberated anomaly.

Lost hideout.

Deserted prototype.

A lively entertainment area known as the Liberated anomaly, its neon sign lights up the surrounding corridors.

The Lost hideout is a difficult to find gambling den I have frequented previously.

An abandondond workshop sits rundown and neglected.

We head to the Anomaly first to check out who else is docked plus it aids our cover of mercs blowing off steam.

Tough fanatic.

Chauvinistic clergy.

Generous female stellar cartographer.

Intelligent athlete.

Zealot.

Relentless female astrophysicist.

Draconian warrior.

Sadistic female salesman.

Dangerous fugitive.

Hedonistic duke.

Draconian slave.

Sloppy clergy.

A mixed crowd. I take a good look around, a bunch of pilgrims seem to be spending the little they have on the delights found in the depths of the anomaly.
A number of others are dotted around the bar and seating booths, a slave tends to its masters needs in one booth whilst an aristocrate surrounded by sychophants seems to be trying to experience everything at once.

we occupy a large booth and order some drinks whilst I get a feel for the atmosphere.

Abuse.

Raised voices suddenly cut over the general hubub. One of the pilgrims appears to be berrating an attractive woman sitting at the bar on her own.
She in turn is holding nothing back in her scathing apraisal of his life choices and generally telling him where to go.

The zelot a large man suddenly hammers his fist into her face the large hardback book he was holding catching her over the eye as she catapaults from her bar stool.

Most of the clientle are either too far in their cups to notice or unwilling to draw a

Does any one else intervein?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

more than one person?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Is it one of the other two women?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

A sharply dressed woman helps the saleswoman to her feet, whilst berating the fanatical zelot, does she notice the look in his eye?

(Unlikely | 5[d10]) No, but...

Two more fanatical pilgrims join their leader/priest(?).

This could attract unwanted attention if its not controlled soon.

Signalling my men to stay put I advance upon the altercation.

Do they sense my approach?

(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No. +Twist: Item / Ends the scene

Opting to end this fast and without weapons I tackle the first zelot

(5 = 4[d20]+1) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

A blow behind the knee puts him off balance and a twist sends him back over a table into a pile on the floor.
I turn on the second one as he registers all is not right

(20 = 19[d20]+1) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

Failing to hold my temper in check I feel ribs crack as he folds up spraying blood from his mouth, the Priest turns eyes of fury on me as he haults his diatribe against the two women.

(18 = 17[d20]+1) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

My first strike ruptures something in his stomach, as the light of fury dims in his eyes..

(19 = 18[d20]+1) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

my follow up breaks his neck.

As I turn to leave

Uncouth hitman who is as strong as you and whose motivation is to abduct nature, manage advice, and steal wealth; who speaks of friendly discourse and is focused on your enemy.

There is a group blocking the doors, the leader slowly claps.. well would you look at this boys so many bounties in one bar on a forsaken rock in space.. guess our luck is in.

I register another patron in the corner of the bar is freeing weapons and casing for an exit, whilst my men take what cover they can around their booth.

do I know him?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No.

I opt to use my quick draw skill at 3+ & my projectile weapons skill at 4+ to take advantage of his desire to talk,

-1 = -1 +0 +0 +0

Only fair but I still draw first

1 = -1 +1 +1 +0

Nudges me to superb, I draw my side arms and with procise fire engage the bounty hunters at the door

(14 = 9[d20]+5) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(8 = 3[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(16 = 11[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(23 = 18[d20]+5) Killed.

(6 = 1[d20]+5) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(16 = 11[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

With three of the six down and out, the other three look for cover, the other fugitive in the room opens up as well

1 = 1[d5]

(20 = 15[d20]+5) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

Is the leader one of the last two standing enemies?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

"You'll regret this both of you!" Sirens begin to wail belatedly as shutters close off other entrances as the door closes gas is pumped through the vents.
The other patrons whom had hit the floor as the shooting started bank madley on the shutters as they sucum to the gas.

Roll against my Escape artist skill of 3+

1 = -1 +0 +1 +1

4 is a great so I manage to don-my high quality helmet that includes airfilters.
Do all my men have adequete protection from the gas?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

As everyone else falls me and my men take up positions. Does the other fugative have anything?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Expecting to see no one else standing I nod in suprise to see the fellow in the corner having donned a slim rebreather helmet.

Expecting them to open the shutters after flushind the gas within an hour at them most, I become worried after two hours pass.

Do they keep us sealed until we run out of air in our suits?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Android.

Toxin.

As the shutters open, 5 androids march in through the cloudy gas, with a high pitched werring noise they unleash toxin darts.

2 = -1 +1 +1 +1

-3 = -1 -1 +0 -1

1 = +1 +0 -1 +1

1 = +1 +0 +1 -1

-2 = -1 -1 +0 +0

0 = -1 +0 +0 +1

-2 = -1 +0 -1 +0

1 = +1 +0 +0 +0

3 of my 8 are straight down a fourth follows quickly.

I activate my force field and using my plasma cutter I start with the nearest one

-2 = -1 +1 -1 -1

Almost a disaster as I cut the first one in half it locks an arm on my armour, cutting free takes time and I have to evade more darts.

0 = -1 -1 +1 +1

-1 = -1 +1 -1 +0

0 = -1 +1 +0 +0

-1 = -1 +1 +0 -1

-1 = +0 -1 +0 +0

I manage to stay safe but the rest of my men are now down.
The fugitive takes another one down, 3 left.

"Screw this" Activating my homing missile launcher attached behind my shoulder, it pops up with and with a cough it launches a small spread of high-tech missiles

(22 = 17[d20]+5) Destroyed.

(17 = 12[d20]+5) Severe Damage: Incapacitating and may become Critical if not addressed.

(21 = 16[d20]+5) Destroyed.

"that all you got?! I yell.
Opening my subspace communicator - are they jamming?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

not enough to totally block my signal. "Blackbird in flight" I yell, "Roger" I hear back before the signal is blocked as they change their jamming frequency.
Smiling I lean back on a booth.

I begin to hear gunfire and loud bangs.

Smiling I approach the doorway.

Did my 9 men left on the shuttle successfully take control of the platform?

(Somewhat Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

As I emerge I am greeted by the sight of a number of bounty hunters and system security personnel being tied up under the watch of my armed men.

"Are we in control?"

"Yes Sir, all locked down on this floor...Sir you should take this - patching you in now"

"..repeat this is the Peoples ship No Compromise, prepare to be boarded this platform is being freed from its tyrannical masters, prepare to join the comune"

"Well... shit"

*******************************************